Friday, August 29, 2008

Swimming and Blogs

Hello!
To all of you out there who follow my private blog, as well as any of those new to my ravings, Welcome!

I have begun this blog in the hopes of organizing my swimming excursions, and to help me better plan future adventures. I welcome any comments or suggestions, but encourage everyone to remember that what is written here is merely a collection of my own opinions and thoughts about swimming, swimming holes and travel in general. I do not intend to offend, nor to encourage anyone to (gasp) break the law in order to indulge in the aquarial arts.
(Also, I make up words).

Forewarned is forearmed.

As to the name of the blog-it comes from a quote that I love and wholeheartedly endorse.

"When we’re in the water, we’re not in this world."

By Gertrude Ederle, the first woman (fifth person, and an American) to swim the English Channel (France to England), pictured here. Gertrude was an Olympic gold medalist as well. (I know everyone is interested in competitive swimming right now!)

What I post will most often be my experiences with natural swimming venues, by which I mean lakes, rivers, oceans, springs and good old swimming holes, as well as my planned aquarian journeys. Some of the places I visit are not safe for all swimmers and I will try to always mention unusual conditions when they come up.

Anyway, happy swimming!

No comments: